As most of you do, at the beginning of the year I sat down, reflected on the past year (2016 was kinda of rough one) and see where I needed and wanted to grow. So with some time to think (while kiddo finally went down for a nap) I came up with some hopes for this year….
- I hope to connect with my community more, do more shows in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. (I will keep you posted when I book those, I love being able to chat with others, face to face, when it comes to my craft)
- I hope to collaborate with other artist to make amazing pieces (I have already started this one, and super excited to see the outcome!)
- I hope to really get the chance to push myself in the design department. I want to come up with new, fun ideas and share them with you all. I love to combine function with beauty.
- And the last one I share with you all (the other ones are a bit boring and businessy) is my hope to stick to a flexible but firm schedule. This has been a doozy for me in the past. I know it kinda sounds like an oxymoron but I’ll explain. I want to get new designs out by a certain time, but with a two year old holding onto my leg all day long, I have to be flexible. I hope to push myself to hit certain deadlines, but with a little wiggle room from my boss (me) I hope to hit them as close as possible.
So there you have it, my hopes for the year. I would love to hear what others are striving to achieve this year. Let’s make 2017 awesome together!!
**Another fun hope (other crafters probably know all about this)
- I hope to clean out my “in-progress box”. These are those projects that have been sitting for months – wanting to be finished but weren’t going my way.
Until Next Time – Claire
Don’t forget – Become a LOB VIP and receive sneak peeks on what’s going on behind the seams (<– nerd alert!!) Click image below to sign up today!